Friday, May 31, 2013

Are you bugged by your gluten-free limitations?

I was out to dinner with my large family of in-laws, and my father-in-law calls across the table, "Hey, Lisa, I found an article you might be interested in." This is the link he shows me on his smart phone:


National Geographic: Daily News
Cicada Recipes: Bugs Are Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Food
Blanched, boiled, or candied, cicadas are a healthy snack, experts say.

Umm...thank you?

Obviously, my father-in-law was joking (he does that a lot), but I am wondering why National Geographic--a credible magazine if there ever was one--chose to take this particular approach to the article. I mean, do they think celiacs everywhere have been saying to themselves, "You know, I really want to try cicadas, but I just don't know if they are gluten-free?" Curious, indeed.

On the flip side, I guess it always feels good to add another gluten-free snack to your list of options...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will try to reply to your comment prior to my next post. Happy blogging!