Here is what I found:
- Corn meal: Nov. 11 2013 (safe--but close)
- Soy milk: Mar 18 2013 (oops)
- All purpose gluten-free baking mix: Mar. 10 2013 (oops)
- Vanilla extract: Mar. 6 2012 (double oops)
- Baking powder: Feb. 2007 (yikes!)
This kind of shows you how often I bake, right?
The only item I actually threw out was the soy milk (after taste-testing it--blech). The baking mix will continue to haunt me for another week or two because the guilt is too strong for me to throw it away right now. But would you blame me for continuing to use the baking powder and vanilla extract until they're gone? I haven't had any problems with them yet, and I am too dang cheap to just throw them away.
How do you keep track of expiration dates?
Do I simply need to bake more often?