Monday, June 24, 2013

Snickerdoodle Chex Mix


Snickerdoodle Chex Mix
like the cookies I remember


FYI: This is not a sponsored a post. I just really liked this recipe and gluten-free Chex cereals in general.


When I was growing up (and eating whatever I wanted) snickerdoodles were always my favorite cookie. I don't know if it was the taste, helping my mom roll them in cinnamon and sugar, or that adorable name, but I always loved them--especially when they were still warm and soft from the oven. 

Now that I am an adult and following a strict gluten-free diet, I can no longer follow my mother's snickerdoodle recipe or buy them at the local bakery--but I can enjoy this Snickerdoodle Chex Mix recipe. I have been eyeing it on the side of my gluten-free Chocolate Chex and gluten-free Cinnamon Chex cereal boxes for years now, and I am so glad I finally tried it! 

It's quick, it's easy, and it's the perfect to conquer those snickerdoodle cravings. Better yet? Nothing but common, everyday ingredients!

Word to the wise: If you use margarine, 20 seconds in the microwave is plenty to melt it.

Ingredients:
  • sugar
  • ground cinnamon
  • Cinnamon Chex® cereal
  • Chocolate Chex® cereal
  • popcorn
  • butter or margarine

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 15 minutes


It's as easy as...
ONE


TWO


THREE!



But don't forget to let it cool off before you dig in...


Looking for more gluten-free Chex mix recipes? Click here to visit their complete list of gluten-free Chex-mix recipes. There are a few in there that might surprise you. Mashed-potato-stuffed meatloaf squares, anyone?

Here are a few I may try in the future:
Enjoy!




What's your favorite Chex mix recipe?


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I will try to reply to your comment prior to my next post. Happy blogging!